When it comes to making a decision in whether you should invest in a chatbot for your business sometimes the benefits can be uncertain. Do I really need a chatbot now? Will it really make a difference to my bottom line? And is it just a lot of hype? These are some of the questions you may be asking yourself right now. To answer these questions its sometimes useful to look at some educated opinion and cold hard facts based on the research. Check out these eye opening chatbot statistics now.
General Chatbot Statistics
Businesses of all kinds face a growing problem in the digital age. Consumers are growing more impatient by the day and we all want the convenience to communicate with companies in a way that suits us. Here are s stats:
- Average time saved per chatbot inquiry when against traditional call centers is 4 minutes increased interaction with lower costs. (NiceInContact.com, 2017)
- $174 billion could be saved across insurance, financial services, sales, and customer service. (NiceInContact.com, 2017)
- Fifty-seven percent of customers quit shopping in between if their question or query does not get solved right away. (Carchat.com, 2017)
- Half of the millennial buyers prefer to conduct customer service interactions through chat messaging and text
- $62 billion was lost last year due to poor customer service — a figure that grew by $20 billion in just three years! (NiceInContact.com, 2017)
- Chatbots will help cut down on operational costs. According to Chatbots Magazine, implementing virtual agents can save businesses up to 30 percent.
- 60% of the searches come from mobile devices, and 66% of consumers say they prefer to contact brands through messaging apps because it is more comfortable and convenient.
- 90 percent traffic of website leave without a trace. (Carchat.com, 2017)
- 90 percent open rate vs 20-30 percent open rate with emails. (Medium.com, 2017)
- Live chat software has a 73% satisfaction rate as a way for customers to interact with businesses (G2’s Facebook Chatbots Guide, 2018).
- 40% of millennials say that they chat with chatbots on a daily basis (Acquire.io, 2018).
- The top industries profiting from chatbots are real estate, travel, education, healthcare, and finance (Chatbots Life, 2019).
- 64% of internet users say 24-hour service is the best chatbot feature (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
- 37% of respondents predict the reason they would use a chatbot is for getting a quick answer in an emergency (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
- 35% predict they would use a chatbot for a complaint, a problem, or to get detailed answers or explanations (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
- 55% of respondents say they would most enjoy getting an instant response and answers to simple questions from a chatbot (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
- 43% of digital banking users in the U.S. prefer to use a live chat or chatbot to address issues (eMarketer, 2018).
Statistics About Chatsbots In Business
Wondering whether your customers want you to have a chatbot? Wondering whether you can benefit from having one right now? Check out these statisitics:
- By 2020, it is predicted that 85% of consumer interactions will be handled without a human agent (Chatbots Life, 2019).
- 80% of businesses are expected to have some sort of chatbot automation by 2020 (Outgrow, 2018).
- 35% of consumers want to see more companies using chatbots (Opus Research, 2018).
- 21% of consumers believe chatbots are the easiest way to contact a business (Ubisend, 2019).
- When communicating with companies, people prefer to use chatbots rather than an app (Outgrow, 2018).
- 53% of customers are more likely to shop with businesses that they can message (Outgrow, 2018).
- 67% of US millennials said they are likely to purchase products and services from brands using a chatbot (Chatbots Magazine, 2018).
- 41% of people that start online chats with businesses are executives (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
- Over 50% of customers expect a business to be open 24/7 (Oracle, 2016).
- Chatbots can save up to 30% in customer support costs (invesp, 2017).
- 67% of businesses believe that chatbots will outrun mobile apps within the next 5 years (Medium, 2019).